Hytera RD985 & RD985S
The RD985 and RD985S DMR repeaters from Hytera are at the heart of analogue and digital radio networks and were developed in line with the open ETSI standard for DMR. Both repeaters are characterized by their reliability and outstanding functionality.
Both repeaters can be operated in analogue and digital mode and are completely compatible with analogue systems currently in use. In addition, the RD985S is a true all-rounder. As well as DMR trunked radio (Tier III), it also supports use in Hytera XPT and simulcast radio systems. Both repeaters were developed according to the open ETSI DMR standard and, thanks to their technical features, they are your perfect companion to deliver a professional digital radio network.
The heart of professional radio systems
All the repeaters from Hytera can be connected in digital mode via IP connection to a comprehensive radio network. In analogue mode, the repeaters can be connected together back-to-back. Both in conventional analogue and DMR modes (DMR Tier II), the RD985 and RD985S repeaters can be used with the RD625 and RD965 repeaters in a radio system.
Upgradeable for greater challenges (RD985S)
The RD985S repeater supports not only conventional analogue and digital modes, but also other modes that can be unlocked with a chargeable licence. It can be upgraded into a base station for DMR simulcast, DMR trunked radio (Tier III) or Hytera XPT radio systems. This means that the RD985S is a secure investment for growing radio projects.
Improved utilization of the frequency spectrum
Thanks to the TDMA technology, twice as many users can use the same channel. Due to restricted frequency resources, this represents an important relief and reduces expense for system terminals and licences.
Dual mode and automatic change
Both repeaters can switch independently between the digital and analogue modes, depending on the type of the receiver signal.
To protect your radio communications, the RD985 and RD985S repeaters offer advanced digital encryption functions, according to the DMRA specification. Depending on the variant, both repeaters support encryption with 40, 128 or 256 bit.
- Up to16 channels
- 100% continuous duty cycle from 5W to 50W
- Supports two simultaneous voice paths in digital mode (Pseudo-trunk)
- Auto detection between analogue mode and digital modes
- IP site connect (digital mode only)
- Four programmable keys to improve ease-of-use and increase operator efficiency
- Advanced heat sink design with thermal-controlled cooling fan ensures reliability during extended use.
- Supports integral duplexer with Hytera integral duplexer installation kit (Non RoHS Compliant)
- Supports operation in analogue and digital mode
- Remote diagnostics alarms and control (RADC)
- External power supply
- Power-on user logo programming
- Multi-language menu display
- Multiple CTCSS/CDCSS in analogue and mixed channel